Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Splatter! (1986):


I think this is a shot-on-video joint, but I’m not 100%. I have to admit I’m a bit biased, as I saw this film as a youth and kind of got all nostalgic watching it again, BUT, at base there is a fairly interesting premise here: it’s a special effects “mockumentary” behind the scenes at a post-apocalyptic amazon vs. mutant movie. The fake movie is just a tool to give the viewer a “behind the scenes” look at how all the “state of the art” special effects are done. It would almost certainly be more entertaining to watch the actual amazon vs. mutant flick, but at 70 minutes, this flick does its job for mindless entertainment. Also, there’s a scene with some A+ T&A(&P!) from a Canadian punker amazon chick. Just throwing that out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment